5 Reasons Why You Should Laugh Everyday
I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying that “Laughter is the best medicine.” Have you ever wondered why or how? Laughter is beneficial for your health, mood, stress, relationships, and others around you.
Here are some advantages of laughing:
- Strengthen your health. The more you laugh, the less frequently you’ll be sick. Studies have shown that laughing strengthens the immune system and lowers your blood pressure, improving the health of your brain and heart.
- Decrease stress. Daily life can be stressful at times. Laughter is a very good way to reduce stress. When you have a good sense of humor, it’s easy to find reasons to laugh about life and temporarily forget about your challenges for a moment.
- Elevate your mood. Laughter increases endorphins which make you feel good, these feelings can last for hours. Finding the humor in situations can redirect your focus from what’s negative, to something more pleasurable.
- Benefit others. Laughter and humor is contagious. Your smiling face and light mood can uplift and brighten the moods of those around you. Your relationships will also benefit from your ability to laugh and appreciate the lighter side of life.
- Boost your intelligence. A study demonstrated that laughing stimulates the learning centers of the brain, which if done on a regular basis, is believed to enhance the ability to learn new information.
Hopefully now, you can see how laughing and smiling aren’t frivolous gestures, but offer tremendous benefits to you and those around you. Enjoy funny movies, tell a joke- make it a point to find the humor in life, and spend time with others who enjoy laughing. Even if you can’t find anything to laugh about, start with smiling and see what happens!
Until next time…Be Healthy, Be Whole, Be You!