Can you believe that 2017 is almost over?! The end of each year is often a time of reflection for me. I take inventory of my gains and losses, victories and failures, triumphs and trials, and my joys and sorrows. Then I examine the lessons learned, areas of growth, and areas that can use some fine tuning.
Self-Reflection is a healthy practice. It is a tool I use, not to punish myself for missteps or to attain an unrealistic state of perfection, but to make sure that I’m continuously growing in some way, shape, or form. It allows me to evaluate how I handled the experiences that have shown up in my life and ponder if I would have done anything differently. This helps me to continue to grow into the best me I can be!
The moment we stop growing in this journey called life, is the moment we begin stagnating. Anything that stagnates eventually dies. This could be the death of a dream, goal, hope, or desire.
So, as we close out this year, let’s resolve to awaken those things that are laying dormant within us and breathe new life into them.
What are some things you can do to put self-reflection into practice?
Here are 5 steps to Self-Reflection and questions you can ask yourself:
- Record your top 3 challenges, failures, or losses.
- What did you learn about yourself from them?
- What was your attitude during these times?
- What life lessons did you learn?
- Record your biggest fear.
- How has it shown up in your life?
- How has it hindered you?
- What have you been avoiding because of it?
- Record your top 3 triumphs, victories, or gains.
- How did you add value to someone else’s life?
- Why are you grateful?
- How did your life change as a result?
- Record your #1 dream.
- What actions did you take?
- How will you feel once the dream is fulfilled?
- What is your mindset?
- Record your top 3 personal goals.
- Are you taking care of yourself physically?
- Are your relationships healthy or are they depleting you?
- What aspect of your character needs adjustment?
These are some simple things you can do periodically to keep yourself on track and in line with where you want to be. If you need help with any of the steps above, go over to my website https://waioflife.com/services/ and apply for a one time Free 30-minute consultation with me!
I pray for a Safe and Happy Christmas season and a Blessed and Healthy 2018!
By the way, I am offering my 2 for 1 special exclusively on Amazon; where you buy a paperback, and get the eBook for free, for a limited time only! I am also offering an eBook sale on all other retail channels for a limited time only!
I am also offering a 50% off eBook sale on all other retail channels for a limited time only!
Give the gift of inspiration to someone you love today!
Until Next Time…Be Healthy, Be Whole, Be You!