5 Common Uses of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of those household items that you want to keep in stock at all times. It is inexpensive, goes a long way, and has multiple uses.
Here are some common uses of coconut oil:
- Use it to sauté your vegetables or meat. Not only is it a healthier alternative to more commercial oils, it also packs a lot of flavor, enhancing the taste of food, requiring less seasoning. The next time you want to stir fry some shrimp, chicken, or veggies, give coconut oil a try.
- Use it as a skin moisturizer. Coconut oil is packed with Vitamin E which is beneficial to the skin. It is also anti-microbial, so various skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis are often improved with the regular use of coconut oil.
- Use it for hair moisturizer. Again, it is an excellent moisturizer so dry, damaged hair and scalp is nourished with coconut oil. It is not a heavy oil, so it will not weigh the hair down like a synthetic moisturizer.
- Use it for your oral hygiene. I wouldn’t necessarily suggest brushing your teeth with coconut oil, but you can periodically rinse your mouth with it (known as oil pulling), where you swish about a tablespoon of the oil in your mouth, pulling it through your teeth for about 5-10 minutes; to help keep your mouth free of germs and bacteria.
- Use it for your dog. Yes, our furry little friends can benefit from coconut oil as well! You can add a few drops to their food which will can help improve their coat and skin. It also adds some nice flavor as well. AND…we know how much our dogs like getting their teeth brushed, well you can actually use coconut oil to brush their teeth! They love the smell of it, so they will be more accepting of that toothbrush going inside their mouths!
These are just a few of the many benefits to coconut oil. Make sure you get ORGANIC coconut oil in order for the above benefits to apply, and read the back of the label to make sure! Anything else will be imitation and loaded with additives and chemicals reducing or removing the benefits.
Until next time…Be Healthy, Be Whole, Be You!
Leave a Reply